sexta-feira, 15 de julho de 2011

SOME APLICATION ABOUT SEE

SEE

When we say ‘I see’ we can mean “with my eyes” but we can also mean ‘I understand’.

I’m not very happy with your decision.

I see. Is there anything I can do to persuade you?

If you don’t understand the reason for doing something, you ‘can’t see the point’.

I can’t see the point in studying for this exam. I’ll just fail anyway.

He refuses to come to the meeting. He said he couldn’t see the point.

If you communicate some information with no possible doubt, you ‘make yourself clear’.

I thought I had made myself clear. I need the report by lunchtime.

I couldn’t have made myself clearer. Everybody understood.

If you try to understand how a different person sees a situation, you try to see it from their ‘point of view’.

Try to see this from my point of view. I must have delivery by Friday or my production line will close down.

We must ask everyone concerned for their point of view before we decide.

If you are aware of all the facts behind a decision, you take it with your ‘eyes wide open’.

There’s no use complaining now. We took that decision with our eyes wide open.

Nenhum comentário: