sexta-feira, 23 de setembro de 2011

PRASAL VERBS => UP

Dear friends,
We have a exercise about the Prasal Verbs above.
Try to do the exercise, it is cool!!!

Phrasal Verbs - “ up”

If you are late, you need to hurry up.

  • Please hurry up. We are terribly late.
  • We need to hurry up or we will miss our flight.

You can ring up somebody on the telephone.

  • I will ring you up when I get back.
  • You can ring me up if you need any help.

If you cut your skin, it needs to heal up.

  • This will take a week to heal up.
  • I cut myself shaving and it will not heal up.

Before I go on a long journey, I have to fill up my car with petrol (or if I were in the US gas.)

  • I need to fill up my car.
  • The concert filled up quickly and not everybody could get in.

When I send a package, I wrap it up well.

  • Could you wrap this up for me?
  • They didn’t wrap it up properly and it got damaged.

If you have something valuable, it is a good idea to lock it up.

  • He did not lock up his desk properly and somebody stole his calculator.
  • I think they should lock up pedophiles for a very long time.

If you don’t have enough money to buy something, you need to save up.

  • I am saving up to go on a trip to New York.
  • You’ll have to save up if you want to buy a car.

When things are in a mess, you need to tidy them up.

  • We need to tidy up the office before the visitor comes.
Tidy up your desk. It’s such a mess.

Nenhum comentário: